Friday, December 14, 2012

WTF? Like really...what the fuck peeps?

I haven't blogged in a long while.  My interests or interest to blog has gone on hiatus, that is until today.  Today is another fucking infamous day in our history.  Another gun shooting has gone down.  Social media is ablaze and then some.  It's definitely feeding the news machine, which unfortunately at times can hold us prisoners to its intentions and effects.

In a way I have shied away from the news or the tv news today.  I was too busy doing whatever, but I knew something was amiss when I hit FB this a.m. before my day began.  I saw school shooting posts, or posts of agony from peeps that aren't related or even in the mix.  I shut down my puter and went on out to my day.  Tho.....I had to find out what was what, so I que'd my satellite radio to NPR, MSNBC, etc.  I found out rather quickly, and just shook my head.  Yes, I was sad, but somehow a tad immune to all of this.  It's horrendous don't get me wrong, but I am becoming immune, but outraged at the same time.

Why am I becoming immune you might ask?  Well, let's see, since I can remember and actually crying for these tragedies (outside my own) there has been Jonestown....yeah, not in America, but an American tragedy nonetheless.  I have to tell you, as a young girl seeing the bodies spread across Time Magazine.................., Columbine OMG! OMG! 

Now in the last what?  The last 12 yrs we have had too many school shootings, theatre shootings, and mall shootings.  It's sickening, sad, and then some. 

I am angry...maybe immune is not the right wording.  Maybe the media shoving footage of kids scared half to death at Sandy Hook Elementary, and teens jumping out of two story windows at Columbine, or the dead people in Jonestown piled on top of each other is just etched in my brain and maybe yours too.  In a way, that is sad in itself.  Media memories.  Nasty business indeed.

Ok, so this is what I'm getting at...yeah, you love me anyways.  I read a Facebook post today.  It made me squirm to say the least.  I thought it was altruistic, and too innocent in the face of today's tragedy.  Tho, unfortunately anything that makes me squirm, makes me think, like a lot.

The basis of this post was LOVE.  In fact I quote from this post and hope I don't get nailed for it------
excerpt- "The violence that happened today froze my heart.  People need to spread love to show that love is the only solution to every problem.  Spread love before it's too late"!


















Amen, and enuf said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment