Friday, September 7, 2012

What I've learned

Hmmm, loaded question to myself.  For my 2 readers you can give a care or not.  All is good.

What haven't I learned since the Fall of 010' you might ask?  Why the Fall you might ask?  Well that is when I was smacked upside the head with life, with decisions about my life, and where it just might be headed.  Tho I have a thick skull, and can be somewhat stubborn.  Oh yeah, those of you who know me, know this without a doubt. 

The spring of 011' changed my life, and my family's life forever.  In the worst way ever-ever, but somehow I/we are adapting as time continues, as time seems to do.  Whether you want it to continue or not, it just does.

Things learned:

1)  Trust in yourself and your gut instinct. YOUR true self will never guide YOU wrong.  Just be honest with yourself.

2)  Take a risk.  Yah, take a frickin risk!  Whether it is with a relationship (that could be starting or ending one), exercising after years/doing a new sport, changing the paint color on your walls, going back to school, or standing your ground at work.  Just DO IT!

3)  Learn to accept.  Not always an easy one mind you.  This one I know and fight with a lot.  It just is.

4)  Be open to others.  Listen...don't interrupt (my bad), don't talk, just listen....and just maybe learn from it.

Ahhhh, and you thought this was a feel good post.  Well it is....sorta, but I want you guys to really focus in on you and your life.  Yep, one life here on Earth as it is.  Tho unless you are Shirley Maclaine all bets are off on that one.  Anyhooooooo.......

Things that can burn you:

1)  Karma. 
Yep, I'm a strong believer in Karma, or the Bible's "Good Neighbor" relationship.  What goes around comes around.  Just r'mbr, Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction - Sir Issac Newton.  Beware.

2)  Not being honest with how you feel, and not being true to yourself.  I know, I'm repeating myself, but whatever.  Think about it.

3)  Settling.  Yep just plain old settling.  It can be settling for a companion, a job...whatever...just settling.  Don't just "settle."  Life is more than just settling my peeps.

4)  This ties into #2- buying into what your friends and family think you should do and be.  Be you.  Do what you think is best for you.  It might work, it may not, but refer to the above- at least you took the risk of discovering what works or doesn't for you.   

End all be all.....grasp every day, and shake the crap out of it.  Really!  Every single day.  Cuz ya never know. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment