Tuesday, September 18, 2012

For my kids

First and foremost....I love you.  I have loved you and known all of you since you were doing flips inside of me.  Tho once you appeared, you were even more loved, and always, always protected.

Trent-  I hope you are looking down on us, and guiding us, my 1st born.  You were tough to conceive, a semi-tough pregnancy, and you ended up being emergent during your birth.  I made mistakes along the way, as any 1st time mom does.  Tho I did my best.  I have to have faith that you knew this, and loved me just the same.  I feel that you are watching over all of us, and periodically showing guidance as we sort of blindly find our ways since you left us.

Cameron-  You were my 1st Ginger.  You were my happy baby/child.  You have a brightness about you then and now, that expands, and expands.  You are a deep soul, and have your own dance with life.  As I have discovered.  I have to stand back and let you make your own way thru this strange world of ours.  Always know, that I will always and forever have your back.

Alex-  My daughter, and of course my 2nd Ginger.  You have always been sort of an "old soul."  Looking out and taking care of the people that matter to you, and even those you don't know.  I was thrilled to have a girl when you were born.  The mom/daughter relationship that I experienced with your grandma......I wanted with my own daughter.  The similarities at times between us are startling to me.  Tho you are choosing your own path, and I'm more than proud of that.

End all be all..........I made mistakes along the way as any parent does.  I beat myself up on/off for things I missed, activities I didn't do, or just the person I was or wasn't for you at any given time.

At the end of the day, I'm so proud to be your Mom.  I wouldn't trade it in for the world and then some.

Love you immensely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment