Sunday, December 18, 2011

To-do mucky-muck......

I might just have lost my mind.  I'm up frickin ass early...ugh!  Decided to let the cats into our office since I'm in here, not unusual, but we have our Christmas tree in here.  My cats are retards when it comes to live or artificial trees.  At least with a real tree they don't climb the branches and sit in them, like they should be part of the tree's decorations.  Tho, now they are smelling it, mmmm goodness, and chewing on it, not so good.  I might have pine barf on my new carpet due to this.  :-(

Anyhoooo, lots of posts to catch up on in the next couple of weeks.  Moving post, a revisit to my bucket list, etc., yep, yep, tho not this morn.
On my days off, since it is winter and a tad chilly in So. Ca., yes, that is right....a "tad" chilly in these here parts.  I make use of my fireplace.  A flick of a switch and I have a nice fire.  Yeah, not quite the same as wood, but it will do in a pinch.  Plus there is no prep of a dragging the wood in the house, clean up of wood pieces on the way to the fireplace, getting the right wood to paper ratio to start said fire, and no chance of embers popping out and creating oh so lovely little burned spots on my carpet.  I'm very happy, no sooty, nasty clean up after either.  Win-win!!  

Sooooo, I'm lounging (on the carpet) in front of said fireplace, contemplating what is on my "to do" list today.  Things sorta have piled up since Christmas is xactly a week away.   I thought my brain was going to explode.  

Anyhooooo, on this so called list is:  and not in any sort of order

1)  Get Christmas cards out.  Yeah, I'm lame and still haven't done that.  In truth, I wasn't going to do the card thing this year, but my other 1/2 wanted to......  Tho, in reality I didn't have Christmas cards until yesterday--- Doh!!  Yes, you will get one.  It might not be til New Years, but just know they are "in the mail" as they say. 

2)  Decorate the tree.  Got the tree yesterday.  It's beautiful and all.  I was looking for a Charlie Brown special.  This ain't it.  Tho, if my cats keep screwing with it right now, it will be a Charlie Brown tree very soon indeed.  Now my other 1/2 didn't want the tree this year (nothing real unusual there), but I did.  Soooooo......tree is in the office.  Not the greatest place for it, but at least we can close the cats out, which is p'bly smart since we know their history with our Christmas trees in the past.












3)  Go out and scrounge up new decorations for said tree.  Not sure how many "old" decorations I will use this year.  Too many memories associated.  Not sure, how I will tolerate seeing them.  Guess we will know by tonite, eh?

4)  Make a big mess out of my kitchen with my Alex and her Jacob.  Gingerbread cookies to be had!  Tis a Howard tradition doncha know?  Actually the bigger mess comes with decorating these little guys, OY!

5)  Got's to watch It's a Wonderful Life.  Yeah, sappy, but it is the Christmas season for sure when I see this movie.  It will make me cry (does every single time), and I can pretty much recite any line from any character in this movie.  I dunno why I love it, but I do.  I just have to have approx 4hrs to watch it is all.

I know there are p'bly a couple of loose ends, like running or maybe even a spin class to be had this morn.  Oh, and trying to skim the Sunday paper......ya know, little things that make Sunday, Sunday.  I'll figure it all out as the day unfolds.  Hey, at least I got an early start of it.

KO, cats are driving me bonkers with the tree.  More blog fodder to follow before the 1st of the year.  Be prepared.  It's a twister Auntie Em!! 

Yeah, like that makes a helluva alot of sense, huh?  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment