Saturday, July 10, 2010

Surf's up...well not really

Thought I should post something since it has been a few days.  Yep, I know you 2 missed me greatly, and are waiting with baited breath on what's RP up to lately?  Yep, yep.

For one, it has been a down week for running more or less.  TY coach.  Tho, now I'm feeling somewhat fat since I'm not getting the time/mileage in, but I will survive I s'pose.



Headed out to the beach this a.m. for another go in the sandlot and the surf.


Still learning from my bro, which will p'bly take place for a bit more here....like a year maybe?----DOH!  It is not easy.  Did I say this before?  Welp, it definitely isn't by any means.  The surf today was pretty damn flat, not bad for a noob like me, tho the white wash aka inside surf stuff was a pounder.  So we worked on paddling some more, turning and going from a laying position on the board to a sitting, AND keeping thy self balanced.  Your thinking, what?  She has trouble balancing even whilst sitting?  Yeah, peanut heads.  I do!  Try it some time.  Unless you are a gymnast or dancer good luck to ya.  Even then it may take you a bit to adjust to balancing on this board-like thing in moving water.  I have the cadillac of all boards doncha know?  I have a softboard from Costco, and it is comparable to the Exxon Valdez and USS R. Reagan out there in regards to manueverability.  It's a frickin tanker is what it is!  Tho according to my bro and boards on the internet it is p'bly the best thing to learn on.  I just hope my arms hold up while trying to paddle and manuever out there.

I did catch a few waves, tho I didn't get a chance to try and stand up.  That time will come I'm sure.  I got caught in the "inside" zone and was paddling to get back out.  Got dumped on big time, hit the floor of the ocean and man, my ass is totally tweaked now.   Ya know, I think I broke it.

Ok, is the giggle fest over yet?  (waiting........waiting.....)  Just so you know, I p'bly incorporated my sciatic nerve on the grind into the earth's crust, so when I even attempt to bend over I get a sharp pain....lovely, eh?  Whatever.  I'll get over it I'm sure and bruise my ass over and over again I'm sure.  Along with my ass, I have sand burns, cuts and some bruises along my arms and legs from this a.m.'s romp in the surf.  I'm looking forward to hitting it again on Tues, oh yeah!  Really I am!  :-)

K, off I go to try and stand up, and stretch some more.  Gots to run tomorrow before work since I headed down to the coast early today and didn't get that in.  Always something, eh?

Pssss....also as you can tell Blog ADD has hit me again.  Tho I sorta like the background, and I'm a sucker for colors that is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, the one thing I have no problem with when surfing is being able to balance when I'm up on the board. Yep, rock$tar status on that one.

    Of course, getting up on the board is another matter entirely!

    ReplyDelete