Monday, July 12, 2010

Damn State of CA!!

With our economy and such, it isn't a wonder....CRAP!

K, let me take you back about a week and a 1/2 ago or so (cue Leave It To Beaver muz'ak).  I'm running some errands cross town and such.  I have this fave back 40 road I take, because Temecula powers-that-be have their head's so far up their asses that they won't part with their capital (which they have a lot of by the way) to put roads in that actually travel from one side of town to the other.   We do have two main roads (well sorta) that do this, that are littered with signals and traffic.  It is either choose one of the main drags or take the freeway.  Either way depending on the time of day and such, you are screwed.  So which would you pick?  Xactly the one that doesn't have too much traffic or any signals.  Damn straight! 


So the back 40 it is. 

Tho, get this, this road changes speed limits within a matter of feet mind you.  Yeah, I tend to be a little bit lead footed at times, but considering I have an Xterra there is only so much room for manuevering at good speeds on a curvy, country road.  Anyhow, the speeds go from 45, then a drop to 40, then 200 meters or so later to 30.  Really?  Like WTF?  I got snagged by one of our local motorcycle cops,


just sitting under the shade at the 30 mile speed sign getting in his quota for the day.  He nails me right at the bend.  I guess radar guns work around corners now, huh?  Yeah, like whatever.  I get nailed.  Tho instead of being 8 over the speed limit, which I will admit to, he snags me for doing 18 over the limit even tho I had not come to the 30mph sign yet.  Like, really dude, really?



Long story short is I get my actual RS county court....blah-blah-blah bill.
I look at it and almost faint.  $356...like holy JC!  You've got to be kidding me?  I really think my city is in for the take.  Now if I would've just gone and did a little thing like run a red lite...I would only be paying $17 more.  Really?  I know, I still can't believe this folly of the local government really taking advantage at this point.

I can't fight the ticket.  It is my word against his that I wasn't at the 30 marker just yet.  I guess I could always take my chances and go to court with the hope that the cop won't show.  Automatic (from what I've heard) that the ticket is dropped.  Tho, he was getting peeps right and left, so I'm sure he will make and appearance.  Get this tho, if I contest it, it is a $25 charge each time.  So, chances of me getting it dropped are slim to none.  Contested that will add $25 more to the actual $356, then if you want to go to traffic school (which I will since I have two teens on my insurance and I pay more than enuf already) they add on another $54 and this doesn't include the school cost.  Is this a frickin festival for them or what my peeps?   Holy crap!!

K....off I go here to calm down and have some wine.   Just totally ridiculous.......just saying........

3 comments:

  1. Oh man - I am pissed off on your behalf - though I have to ask, they didn't take your license, did they? :-o But it's the same here, a total racket. And like you said, if you do contest it, you take time off, pay parking to head downtown, have to pay the ticket anyway in most cases. Fuckers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he didn't take my license and I would've hollered like a HO on crack if he was contemplating it. Yeah, they have the 411 on us tax paying individuals that is for sure. I agree...they are fuckers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bites. Just wait till they need a nurse man.


    BTW... I like Victor. I'm afraid Victor doesn't like girls though. :/

    ReplyDelete