Thursday, April 25, 2013

Isn't it Ironic.....doncha think?? Yah...I really do think.......

Wow!  It's been awhile, eh?  I'm still here!  Yayaya!

Tho I almost once again shut down my blog due to spammers and hackers.  Now I have to monitor comments and such, so we shall see how it all plays out.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  The entire Boston nitemare and fallout from said, nitmare.   Our lives forever, (once again) will be changed, devastated, etc., in this mad man wake.  It seems to be a frickin scratch in the record, that keeps repeating over and over and over..............

I think for some reason I was more touched personally with Boston than other insults to our country in the last + decade.  I dunno why.  Maybe because I have BQ'd a few times.  The last time I qualified to run in Boston was in 2009.  Due to family and monetary issues I was not able to enter the race.  I was aware of several friends racing in Boston this year.  I dunno, it just hit me in the gut BIG time.

Due to Boston, social media, and me and/or of both us, I had a falling out with a certain person that has done her share of supporting me these last years.  Someone that became my touchstone when things went to grey at times, and almost the blackest black for me these last couple of years.  We have/had both each other's backs and then some. 

I know that we have encounters with people that only have short stays in our life spans (I count Trent as one of these peeps), and others that we meet just seem to feather dust us and exit our lives.  Our paths become slightly diverted or take a major path change due to these people that touch our lives.

Long story short, is when I was out running this song came on my iPhone.  Silly in a way really, but profound to me.  I was running with a Zombie-Apocolypse game that shuffles songs from my phone randomly inbtwn the storylines.  Hence the random shuffle in I-anything.  This one song came on by Alanis.  I was more than surprised.  More than likely due to the fact that this wasn't checked on my playlist for this game.  Ironically it coincided with my game that I was running against.  It also coincides with speaking out too quickly, judging too quickly, getting angry easily and not taking a step back to think about it.  Maybe it's time for us to realize that we are indeed totally human in nature.  We are "human"-animals, tho with a higher brain function.  Tho at times.......I wonder if that is really true.  Sometimes the lower animals are more humane and forgiving than us higher animals.



**The great irony of human intelligence is that the only species on Earth capable of reason, complex-problem solving, long-term planning and consciousness understands so little about the organ that makes it all possible—the brain. —Amanda Bower, Time, 20 Aug. 2001**


No comments:

Post a Comment