Friday, November 4, 2011

Downtime.....*sigh*

Now don't get me wrong, I can deal with downtime just like any other athlete mind you.  I'm just not that good at it let's just say.

For my one blog fan who may be out of the loop, usually after I or some other crazy fool goes out and trains then does a grueling event like say, a marathon, a triathlon that is a 1/2 or an Ironman....ya have to give yourself some time away from that sport to a certain extent afterwards.  Ya know, a little recovery time is all, then you get back in the groove (slowly) of doing your sport that you sooooo love again.  Hmmmm, unless you fought injury throughout your training, and are still fighting the said pain in the ass (literally) injury mind you.  Then you are pretty much fucked. 

I know, I know, be patient, blah!  If you know me, that is not my bag baby.  Anyhoooo, it doesn't matter what I do anymore.  I can go to work, drive my car or ??, and my leg will give me issues.  Damn thing!  Sometimes I can run about 1/2 hr with no problems, then other times, I hit it and my muscles tighten up just enuf to cause knee pain.  Yeah, lovely indeed.

So here I be.  Getting crankier by the day.  Not really lusting after my alternatives, like swimming (I do and have done, not a real fan for more than let's say 1000 meters= booooring!), biking...possible, surfing (love.  Haven't been all summer...just doesn't feel right this year.  Plus, it's kick ass cold in the water now), weights...(ugh!), crossfit I should def get back into, yoga (yep def a given, wish I didn't have to drive 40+ miles to a Bikram studio), and ?? maybe Zumba?  Yeah, I hear that is a total kick.

I know, I know, just get out the door and kick it Howard!!  Yep, yep.  Tho I'm like anyone else, I want something I can't have right now.  I want to do what I've been doing for years on/off and for the last 10yrs consistently, but I have to cross train now, like I did in triathlon, tho back off the running more than I want to.  It just really sucks!!

Stay....away!

R'mber I'm gonna be a cranky bitch until this ugly leg issue resolves.  Just saying........

No comments:

Post a Comment