Wednesday, November 4, 2020

 How do you say Goodbye?  

It's not that complicated. You don't. You go through all the 5 stages of grief. And you grieve again and again. 

I have survived Trent for almost 10yrs since he took his life by a gun to his own head in his Air Force Dorm.

What I do know, is that you have to let people in. Your family. Your friends. I put on my Nurse's hat and became a nurse during my son's death. I was so strong, so brave, sooooo??? I hated that shit. I cringed when I heard that crap. You know what? That's who I was. Period. I was someone that could get shit done during the day. Screaming in my bath at nite like a wild animal. Get up the next morning and be not "his" mom. I was training for a marathon and ran and ran....injured myself and still did Chicago in 2011 even though I shouldn't have. I drank. I ran. I drank some more. I wanted to die myself. Trade my life for his. I was hoping that a car would take me out on the way to work....every frickin single day. 

This is the aftermath of grief.

Though I am a mom that lost my first born son. I'm still here. I know this isn't a pleasant conversation at all. 

I'm here to say. You fucking will survive! You will fucking survive this!! You will survive losing your husband, daughter, son, wife and .........YOU WILL SURVIVE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment