Monday, June 28, 2010

Back from the beach

Just sitting, well sorta enjoying my time I have this a.m.  Ya see I was put on-call today, but told them I would only be on-call til 11:00.  There is nothing worse than being on-call all day, then getting a call to travel 45+min south to work at 4 p.m., ugh!  I'm sure biz will pick up again soon. 

There is a new BUG

out there I guess.  Some sorta cold viral thing that is pretty damn nasty, and of course, when the media spreads it around peeps tend to get sick with it.  I call it the power of suggestion.  Sometimes it keeps me busy in the Unit.

Anyhooo, yesterday was an awesome day.  Totally awesome and gnarly my 2 followers, like totally dudes.  Met A (1 out of 2 of my younger bros, but closest to me in age) down at S. Ponto for some surfing or wading with a very large board I should call it.  Yeah, trying to learn how to surf again (tried when I was a teen, and freaked myself out) is definitely challenging.  I was nicely surprised that A was totally into helping me out.  He was supportive and encouraging and everything as a brother yesterday, that he wasn't lets just say, while we were growing up. 
Lets just say we had the classic Love/Hate relationship
that some siblings have during our growing years, and then some.  Guess age and distance from one another has mellowed us in a good way.  I didn't have to pull a steak knife on him, which is good I guess.  No, we won't go there with that story.

As for the water, nice.  I had my Tri wetsuit on, but I figure in the next couple of weeks I won't need a wetsuit for the rest of the summer.  The current was pretty damn brutal tho.  Pulling to the north, and I was thinking....hey we'll be in Oceanside here before we know it.  Not a good thing.  The waves were too close together and in a "close-out" as A put it.   All this new lingo I have to learn, sheeesh!  Surf speak, is it's own language fer shure dudes.




I practiced popping up on the sand 1st of all.  Discovered that yes I do have Mr. Burn arms
like my husband so affectionately mentions almost daily to me mind you, and that my lower back is freakishly tight like...well, nope won't go there with the example I was thinking.  Trying to maintain a PG-13 rating in the Blogger World is not easy for me.  Anyhow, alot of Power Yoga will be needed to build up my arm strength and to loosen up my lower back and strengthen it is in store for this girl. 

We hit the water, kinda mainly in the white wash area to practice paddling out.  Hahahahaha!   I need to be a beast out there and not have the ocean or the board have it's way with me.  Damn straight!!! 

Oh and something else to add, def not an easy sport to learn unless you are part fish, part cirque du soleil employee with enormous talent for balancing.  I will keep at it tho.  More on reasons in future blog posts.  See gotta keep ya 2 coming back.

I also need to find a hair band that will actually stay on my head during rough surf to keep my pain in the ass hair out of my eyes!  Nothing is worse for me, then getting hit by a wave, trying to stay on the board, and paddle, then trying to reach up with one hand and very quickly get my fucking hair out my face/eyes, so I can see before I have to manuever thru/under another set.  I think out of everything yesterday that was my most frustrating issue.  Figures, my hair.  A told me to shave my head.  Oh yeah, now that would be a very savvy look for me-----NOT!!  I will figure something out one way or another without the shaved or mohawk look.

K, off to google how-tos on the hair situation.  Thank god for Google.  :-)



2 comments:

  1. PG-13 rating - why? ;-)

    The surfing sounds like it was fun - you make me want to get out there and try it again..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I try to maintain a certain moral decorum GF. ;-)

    As for surfing, can hardly wait to get out there again. You do realize the drowned rat look is in out here in So. Ca., yes?

    ReplyDelete